A Priceless Gift (Utah Family Photography)

My best friend gave her mom a pretty cool birthday gift this year. She gave her a portrait session with each and all of her daughters. Even though this was a gift "for" her mom, I think the giving was really the other way around - this was an outstanding gift "from" her mom, allowing each of these precious relationships to be captured. I know as many women age, they get more and more self-conscious about having their portrait created. There are so many things that they think are important like weight, wrinkles, hair-do's, etc... In reality, our family sees us all the time with our imperfections, and they love us anyway. The documentation of these relationships is far more important than whether or not we feel like we belong on the cover of a magazine. I know a certain relationship in my own life from which I would love to create a portrait, and this experience has strengthened my resolve to do something about it. Thank you so much, ladies, for spending the evening in the Garden, and the good belly-laughs we had!


Comments

Tammy Morley said…
Thank you so much, Kris... Again, you have done beautiful work, and have captured the personalities of each of us, and our relationships with our Mom. Also, such beautiful images of our Mom! Thanks for putting us at ease and helping us to make such a fun memory!