Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Utah Child Portrait)






I have The Children's Ballet Theater to thank for this session. Their end of the year performance of the Wizard of Oz prompted me to get the movie on Blu-Ray (insert angels singing and glorious light streaming from heaven - this movie is absolutely breath-taking on Blu-Ray!) and ever since, my youngest has become Dorothy herself. If you ever want to hear the sweetest thing in the world, come over and listen to her sing Over the Rainbow - guaranteed to make your troubles will melt like lemon-drops.

I have to give another big shout out to my costume designer who is so amazing and talented and totally gets me - words fail. Another thumbs up to both Lara and Cornbelly's who lent me their cornfields. Of all the corn mazes in Utah, Cornbelly's is by far the coolest and most family friendly I've ever seen. I can't wait for them to open October 1.

Comments

Ann Marie said…
Darling! Darling! Darling!!!!!
Anonymous said…
O.K. your just unreal at your cute ideas!!!! I love it.
Anonymous said…
My comments weren't suppose to be anonymos. Your ideas are way cute.
this is joann poulsen
Ruth H. said…
Oh, Kris, I love this! That shot of "Dorothy" running home is just too, too sweet. What a great idea for a costumed shot!

I think you need to do a Narnia themed session.
Kris Doman said…
Ruth, I KNOW!!! If you have the models and/or location ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Heather said…
I love it!! She looks so darling!
Anonymous said…
Awesome!!!!