Congratulations on your graduation, Grandma Kitchen!



Verda McKee Kitchen
November 22, 1925 - April 21, 2010

Mom said you were Valedictorian when you graduated high school, and we all feel you deserve the title again for graduating life with top honors. I'll always remember sleepovers at your house with a big "Kitchen" breakfast, weeding in the garden, and picking your strawberries. A large part of my love for photography came from the walls of wedding and family portraits you displayed in your home (which is pretty ironic when you consider how much you hated having your own portrait taken.) Thank you so much for your great example of love and family, and for always being so practical about everything. I love you.

Comments

michelle said…
What do we have to do to get a copy of this picture? I'd love to have one. I really like the idea of this being Grandma's graduation. :)
Kelli K said…
Kris, we have a photo you took at a reunion of Grandma and Grandpa. It always makes me smile. Nice tribute.
Mindy said…
Kris, you're a Kitchen?? So, you're related to Elisa Caldwell? I'm connecting some dots here, because she just lost her grandma, and she was a Kitchen...
Mindy said…
kris, i can see you in her! Hugs and luvs!
Camilla said…
I think that you can see you AND your sisters in Grandma, especially you and Cassie. I think your mom brought the looks, she has it too.=)
I love this picture, I am echoing Michelle, what can we do to get a copy?