Sweetly Three

My baby girl turned three this weekend. Birthdays are big deals in our house, but with my Mother's Day event this year, I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for her party. I was at Wal-Mart at midnight desperately trying to pull a party together for the next afternoon, and still with no idea what to get her for a present. She had asked for a "Barbie Nutcracker" cake, and the movie so I thought I'd stick to that theme. She is 100% girly girl through and through. She loves Pink, and Barbie, and Princesses, and anything sparkly. So I decided to make her a "Clara" costume, and get three dozen pink balloons. You should have seen my husband and I gluing flowers on the tutu at 3:00 in the morning on Saturday! Everything came together like magic - the cake, the costume, the decorations (balloons are so effective and easy!) I felt like total Super-Mom for once instead of Slacker-Mom, and she paid me over and over with comments like "I love birthdays!" and "Mommy, you are a good cake maker." **SHINE** Life can be amazing sometimes.





I'm going to have to do a "real" portrait session of her in this tutu... It's so stinkin' cute on her!

Comments

Ann Marie said…
Your "not alot of effort" birthdays still kill my creativness... I swear your kiddos get the most exited birthdays ever!

I love all of the pictures..The cake is creative.. The tu-tu pictures are my favorite and I agree.. she needs her own session for that! The last picture with her kitty cat is *precious*!

Way to go!! ~ No wonder you were so tired today! You need sleep woman!
Congratulations on your daughter's wonderful birthday party! You are amazing and I honestly don't know how you do what you do! She is adorable.

Thank you again for your time and creativity spent on our Mother's Day portraits. I will be so hard to choose. You manage to take even persons not so thrilled with being photographed and make them at ease and even able to have a good time. Thank you for capturing moments in time for me, since they are flying by so quickly!

Love your babies, (I know you do!), for before you know it they will be teenagers... and not always so easy to love!
Heather said…
I love it. I love the tutu. It was worth all the time you put into it.

Good job on the cake and pulling off a great party.

Thanks for taking Ayla's pictures today. I can't wait to see them.
Camilla said…
Wow, she is really growing fast! So adorable in the last pic. We ove that movie by the way, my girls have enjoyed it since it first came out.