Kodak Gallery Award

Ok, so I've been DYING to post this image on the blog, but I've had to wait until the IPPA print competition was done. This is "Ascension":


I took this image in an old church in Switzerland. I have to give C. & L. props cuz they said, "Hey, Kris, come check out this cool old stairway!" while I was photographing other things. The minute I walked around the corner and saw this, I was blown away by its possibilities. It was one of those moments when I just knew this was going to be an awesome image... and now it's earned me another Kodak Gallery Award! I gotta be honest here, I LOVE those shiny little crystal pyramids! I also picked up Third place in the Illustrative/Pictoral catagory and Third place in the Portrait of a Child category. Anyway, I would be so relieved that Competition is over... but it's not! Now I have the Regional print competition in TWO WEEKS (sheesh! talk about a quick turn-around!) so I don't even have any kind of a break before I have to ship my prints down to Texas. I'm totally needing some Swiss chocolate...

Comments

Browne Towne said…
AMAZING!!!!! C had told me about this picture and I couldn't wait to see it! It's way better than I imagined!!! Congrats!!
Me said…
Congrats on yet another award! that is an amazing image. You should post the other ones too.
Emily Hatch said…
amazing kris. i love this. well done!