Winning over the Winter Blues

 photo 150106-002frame.png

Ah, January. We have such a love/hate relationship. I don't know if it's a lack of vitamin D, or the post holiday let-down, or just dealing with the cold in general (I'm definitely not a cold fan) but winter has never been my favorite time of year. However, the past few years I have come to appreciate the stark beauty of nature in the winter, and I recognize that there are some very unique photographic opportunities in this season. There is also something about the New Year's resolution thing that makes me feel just the opposite of ambitious. So this year I have resolved not to make any New Years resolutions. And it's helping.
Then yesterday was such a brilliant, gorgeous day. When I dropped my eldest off for school, the sunrise was so beautiful, and the full moon was setting in the West. It was one of those "Man, I wish I had my camera!" kind of moments that I usually let drift by. This time, however, I actually did something about it and got my camera out to make a photo. It had the effect of making me feel really productive and achieving goals and everything! And the past two days have been bright and sunny and I am feeling great today.

Comments