I Got Your Back

One of the hardest things as a photographer (in my experienced opinion) is to try taking your own family portraits. Yes, you can set it up on a tripod, and use a remote, or have someone else click the button. Unfortunately, there is something about being able to scan the expressions, composition, and posing in a split second before pushing that button that is lost when you aren't looking at the scene. The last time I did my own family portrait, I vowed it would be the last. That's why I consider it the highest honor to be able to create for another fellow photographer. Not only are they trusting me with their memories, but there is a certain level of not letting them down that I feel from a personal side as well. This family belongs to my friend Liz who is a phenomenal wedding photographer. She suffers from the same fate I do, being that we are never in our own photographs. I was thrilled to give her the gift of a family portrait, and I hope she knows that it was a sheer delight to play with her kids for a couple hours.  Thank you, Liz, for your faith and confidence. You'll never know how much it meant to me.

 photo IMG_7402.jpg  photo IMG_7379B.jpg  photo IMG_7525.jpg  photo IMG_7567.jpg  photo IMG_7588.jpg

Comments