The Importance of Documenting Loved Ones

Of all the sessions I've done in the last little while, this one has had the most impact on me. This kind, loving, fun couple are the parents of my dear friend (who is the president of my Fan Club - Switzerland Chapter.) She hired me to do a session of just her parents, which made me stop and think that I have NEVER done a compete portrait session of just my two parents or my husband's parents. My husband's dad is very ill after a 3-year battle with terminal cancer, and he just doesn't look like himself anymore. I wish SO badly that I had created a portrait of he and Mom Doman before he became this ill. I suggested it - but I never followed through, and now it may be too late. I am determined not to make the same mistake with my parents, and will be photographing them whether they like it or not in their own garden this summer.

These two are so comfortable with each other - you can tell how close the years together have made them just by the way they look at each other. I am grateful beyond measure for their friendship and willingness to let me use their gorgeous Swiss orchard and farm as a backdrop for our portrait sessions last week. They are the absolute ideal of hospitality and kindness. Merci, JD & L, for giving this gift to your children!
 

Comments