Unexpected but not Unwelcome (West Jordan Family Photography)



I've spent the last couple of weeks scouting fall leaf locations for family portraits looking for prime autumn color. I had this location picked out for the V family, and we headed up tonight thinking it was going to be bright and sunny. And indeed, when we started capturing, it was. It only took about 15 minutes, however, for the weather to do a "180" and before we knew it, we were right in the cloud bank - and it was c-o-l-d. But the lighting and the clouds were so dramatic, I knew we had been given something special. The image that resulted was completely unique to anything I've done before, and my only regret is that I didn't have my family right there at that exact moment so I could have the same portrait for my own house. :-) Thank you so much, V fam for this!


And you claim you are "not photogenic." Shame on you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great pictures with the fall background. Very nice looking family.