Irish Luck

My husband defines Irish Luck as this: you step in a steamy pile of poo, and say, "Gee, it's lucky I didn't wear my good shoes today!" Here a few lucky things I am grateful for:

I am grateful for my professional photo lab. Nichols Photo Lab has been my partner for over 10 years now. I use them because their print and finishing quality is the best I've found in the nation. Last week my hard drive failed on my new iMac... then my back-up system failed... then my back-up back-up system failed... to spare you a really long story, I lost everything I've worked on since February. I don't want anyone to panic - I always burn a disk of the original RAW files immediately after uploading images to the computer, so I haven't lost any sessions or original files. What I have lost is the hours and hours and days and days and weeks and weeks of computer work that goes into each session. Today I called Paul at Nichols to see if by any chance they still had some of the finished images that I've sent in to be printed. He told me he has about 6 months worth of images still on file, and burned them to disk for me. I can't even begin to tell you how much stress this relieves for me. Try getting that from Costco or an online lab... Thank you, Thank you, Nichols Photo Lab!

I am grateful that my kids have the Flu-that-shall-not-be-Named. Seriously. I know it sounds a little selfish, but having a legitimate and medical excuse to clear my whole calendar from all obligations for seven days is exactly what I needed right now to catch up. Besides, my kids aren't even that sick, and not the least upset that they get to start their summer vacation a week early. I am worried about the cousins coming in a week, but I'm sure I'll find some of that Irish Luck then too.

I feel a need to post an image with all this rambling, to make it worth scrolling through... so here's my little one in her dance costume I purchased from Wasatch Arts Center. I don't know who's more excited for her to start ballet in August - me, or her.


Comments

Ann Marie said…
Good things to be grateful for!
I'm glad things are working out for you, and that the kids got a mild case. Irish luck indeed!
Heather said…
Your little one is so cute!

I am glad your kids only have a mild case. I hope they are better before the cousins come.