Not just green and red

Every year at this time I get to design Holiday cards. It's one of my very favorite parts of my job. If you haven't seen the stunning quality of one of my custom cards, you need to come over and check them out. These babies are gifts in themselves, and I have seen them on refrigerator doors not only through the holidays, but all year round. People don't throw these cards away!

Anyway, every card I design is completely customized around the images chosen, and I always get requests for "something more Christmas-y" or "more green or red." I totally understand the reasoning behind this, but I also love using the colors from the images themselves to make something outstanding and unique. Yesterday I had a fabulous session of my little niece, and her images screamed "Holiday Card!" to me, so I designed a quick mock-up. I love the warm colors and cozy feel of the whole thing - it makes me want to hug her. This girl's got dimples to die for! Let's do an informal poll on this one: send me comments and let me know what you think: perfect as is? or more red and green?



Comments

kim said…
I just logged on and saw this and had to post. Last year you used the same colors for our christmas card and sooooo many people loved it because it was different than the green and red. I say leave it!
Anonymous said…
Well, the card you designed for us a couple years ago was blue and gold... loved it! Loved this one too. Keep it how it is. Great pictures too, by the way.
Anonymous said…
Hi Kris--just saw your blog--thought I would comment--I love color! What about a nice green--I think I would "pop" it a bit!
Misty said…
I love it the way it is.
Anonymous said…
Loved the cards the way they look. Had to comment as they are really special. Great Job.
Me said…
I love these just the way they are. I didn't do mine red and green and they really stood out more from all the other cards. I know that most of my family and a lot of my friends still have ours up for everyone to see. She is such a cute little girl!