Last Day in Switzerland

Yesterday (Tuesday) we went to some old Roman theatre ruins in Avanches. I would have loved to do a family session here! The possibilities were endless for groupings with all the different levels of stone and grass.


After that, we went to Morat, an old city that still has part of its medieval wall in tact. This was exactly what I'd pictured when I thought of what Europe would be like be. Buildings here are hundreds of years old, and the place itself looks like a fortress. I told everyone in my group that I was done taking photos, but after we arrived, I couldn't help myself. Every time I turned around, there was another beautiful scene that I had to shoot.
Below is the outside of the wall. It looks like a castle! (I'm still not giving up on the idea of shooting a Scottish wedding and touring some of those old castles....)
There are several old rickety staircases that lead to the top of the interior wall. This one was built to connect with the church in the village. You could see the interior of the church from this window.
On top of the wall you could see the whole village. This made me want to sing "Chim chim Cheerie" from Mary Poppins!


Lastly, inside the village center:


Today we are packing and relaxing. We said several goodbyes yesterday, and I wasn't expecting that to be so difficult. I don't know if I'll ever see some of these people again, and I feel like this whole experience has bonded us together permanently. We talk of coming back, and of them visiting us, and I just pray that someday either of those possibilities will come about. I love everyone from my new Swiss Family, and I will miss you after I go home. God bless you all!!

With all fondness,
Kris.

Comments

Suzanne said…
One question, are you still hanging with the Bride and Groom and why have they not left for a honeymoon. I hope there are more than just the 3 of you touring Switzerland, I would imagine that would feel a little 3 wheelish! I could be dead wrong! -Suzanne
Me said…
All of your pictures are beautiful. I am so excited to talk to you about your adventure-so there is at least one person waiting for you to get home (it's a joke, so i'll explain later).
Anonymous said…
Kris, these photos really are amazing . I think we all need to plan second weddings in Europe so that we can all travel and have it so beautifully documented. I can tell by looking at the Swiss shots that you are not only a great portrait photographer, but a great landscape/fast action/still life/everything else photographer. Then again I already knew that anyway. Can't wait to talk to you about your trip. It would be fun to sit down with Al and look at our dorky highschool trip photos with you of some of the same places too.
christycunn1 said…
Wow, what a wedding.
I love the roof top (below your words chim chim cheree) Do you think that would be a competition print? I love it.
Anyway, back to the wedding. It was amazing and you did a fabulous job!!!!!
Again- you are one lucky photographer! I am taking a break for a few years but when I start back up I want to get a bride and groom that will give me a fun vacation! I am not going to the whole convention but maybe I will see you at the print comp.