A Unique Gift

This week I had the privilege of creating portraits for a friend and fellow photographer. She wanted to give her husband a Valentine gift of Boudoir portraits, and I asked if she would allow me to create them. I've always felt like this genre has great potential, but needs to be rethought and handled very sensitively. Most of the women I know, who might feel this kind of gift would be nice, are horror-stricken with the thought of baring their child-bearing bodies in front of a camera (myself included.) There has to be a way of making this kind of portrait classy, too, and timeless, with the tricky part being that if the kids do accidentally stumble across it, there isn't too much explaining that needs to be done. We had a great session, and I feel like the results are a great start to exploring this kind of portraiture. I understand that this is not for everyone, but if anyone is interested in a unique gift for their Valentine, I am extending 50% off intimate sessions through January 30. If you're not interested in intimate portraiture, a traditional individual portrait would also make a great gift! How long has it been since you had a portrait created of just yourself? All Valentine portraits must be ordered by February 2 to be guaranteed for delivery by February 14.



Comments