Patience is a Virtue

I have come to realize over the years that I am not a fast photographer. What I mean by that is that I'm not what you might think of as a photojournalist. I don't record events as a completely impartial bystander, without any influence on what is going on. I like to mold a scene to create the feeling or vision I have in my mind. Not often am I willing to call it quits before I get what I want. This can be very difficult with an unwilling subject. The little girl below happens to be 18 months old. As I stated previously, this can be one of the most challenging ages to photograph. She started screaming from the first frame I captured. She was not comfortable in her strange surroundings, or being asked to sit still without her mom. We worked with her for almost 2 hours before we finally got her comfortable enough to actually look at the camera without crying. The result was one of my favorite series of images this year. M, I have some great images of your boys, too, I can't wait for you to see them all!











Comments